Half-way reflection!
- In order to keep up with a blog I would say that first of all, you need to be constant. patience and being constant is a key to success with your blog. The behaviors to that I used to keep up with all the amount of work that we have every week was to write down on my planner every single homework with its due date. This helped me to do my job on time and not gent behind. Also, I had to be very patience. Some of the homework required to left my apartment and most importantly get out of my comfort zone. Every time that we have to interview random people, it took me lots of time and patience to get my work done. Finally, I have developed an important skill such as, planning ahead my work. I have to say that this course has been a challenge not only for the amount of work that we have to do but also for the due dates, that are an important part of this course since there is no exceptions or make-ups.
- I must admit that the first time that cross my mind to give up with this course was when we have to do the first interviews. It was such a challenge to do it and get the courage to get it done. To my surprise I did it and it felt amazing, getting out of your comfort zone has been a challenge to me and that is exactly what this course have thought me through the past two months. I feel much more capable of doing different task in my future career thanks to the work done in this course. Also, I feel more prepare to interact with random people which is not only on a career basics but also for life in general.
- My biggest advice for future students would be first, be confident. by being confident you will not be insecure to do any assignment and you will happily make it happen. Second, buy a planner, being meticulous and organize will help you to do all the work on time. and third, get out of your comfort zone. Be active, be kind to people, don't be afraid to talk with strangers, you can imagine how helpful can people be and to my surprise you will received good feedback and people will always want to help you.
Hey Natalia! I completely agree with everything you pointed out in your post. I really liked your use of the word "constant" because that is exactly what this class is all about. Since there are so many due dates a week you really need to be doing something to accomplish those tasks every day of the week. I also liked how you discussed being confident because this is extremely important in order for future students to be successful with the video assignments. Great reflection!
ReplyDeleteCheck my post out here: http://amyarnoldent3003.blogspot.com/2016/02/half-way-reflection.html
Hi Natalia! I think the toughest part about this course is definitely keeping up with all of the assignments. It is different than any other course I have taken so far at UF. As opposed to your grade being dependent upon 3-4 exams, it's structured around many smaller assignments that are due every couple of days. One of the tips that I gave was to make sure to create a schedule for yourself and keep up with it; otherwise you will be playing catch up. Here is a link to my blog in case you wanted to take a look at it: http://abraham-khalil.blogspot.com/2016/02/half-way-reflection.html
ReplyDelete