Thursday, January 14, 2016

My Entrepreneurship Story

Week two.


I believe I have been surrounded by entrepreneurs my entire life. My dad's family were the first families in Cali, Colombia who start the public transportation business and when I said Transportation, it meas that they were one of the first families that  built a company of public busses for the city. However, my entrepreneurship story is going to be about my cousin. 
My cousin, Monica went to a school where besides the normal academic stuff, she was thought ballet. So, by the time she graduated from high school she also became a Ballet dancer. On her college years she had a part time job teaching little girls how to dance  ballet. When she finished college, she open her own dance academy. Those times were not easy at all for her. She had to sacrificed lots of things but it was worth it, since 12 years later today, Petipa Dance Academy, is one if the must prestigious dance academies in Bogota, Colombia. She is a great example of perseverance and passion. Her journey was not easy, she had been through so many obstacles but today she can say that she has her dream job and her dream of having her own dance academy came true. Monica, is a remarkable example to me. She is one of those people who inspires others. I want to follow her steps and take intelligent risks in order to achieve my own dreams. On the other hand, I wanted to take this course because some day I would like to be an entrepreneur. 


1 comment:

  1. Hi Natalie! The story you shared about your cousin is very inspirational, and it sounds like she is a great influence for you on your path to entrepreneurship. As an entrepreneur, you will always face obstacles and hardships that you have to learn how to deal with and overcome. Obviously from Monica's story, she was able to thrive and overcome obstacles to be able to make it to where she wanted to be- having her own dance academy. Perseverance and passion are both important qualities to have as an entrepreneur because it takes a lot of passion to continue to work hard for something after you are faced with so many obstacles. It sounds like Monica had a powerful impact on your life and thoughts about entrepreneurship, I'm sure you will make a great one someday!
    Here is a link to my blog!
    http://jenniecarmody.blogspot.com/2016/01/my-entrepreneurship-story.html

    ReplyDelete