Friday, January 22, 2016

Very Short Interview No. 1

Week 3

Gaciel Santana Photography, this is the name of her company. Gaciel is a very good friend of my mother. She is from Dominican Republic and she is a photographer. She started this carrier as a hobby that later on became a profession. She takes the most beautiful pictures of weddings. she perfectly captures every single moment of joy and transmits nothing but the best of her subjects. Now, her company has growth tremendously  and I am so happy for her.

Natalia: What encores  you to start your own photography business?

Gaciel: " As the unofficial photographer of family and friend's functions, many times people told me that I had an eye for photography. Then I decide to take it seriously and there is nothing that gives me more pleasure than to witnesses those instants of sheer  in a couples faces when they are getting married".

Natalia: what do you wish you had been taught in school before out on your own path as an entrepreneur?

Gaciel: well, First of all, I consider that I would like to had some basics such as, managing, marketing your own business etc. but I truly believe that being an entrepreneur is more about put yourself out of your comfort zone and try to be the best at what you are doing. In my case, I have had the luck to choose only one path in this profession which is being a weddings photographer.

Natalia: What does it mean to you to be an entrepreneur?

Gaciel: Being an entrepreneur is being able to take a risk for what your passionate about. I feel so blessed to have turned my passion into my livelihood; as I always says to my two kids. I breathe, I dream, I love photography. So, educate yourself, be the best in what you do and enjoy it.

Natalia: Thank you so much for your time. I love your work I know you already know this but some day you will be the photographer of my wedding.

Gaciel is one of those women that makes you want to be her friend. She is passionate about life and she live it as intense as she can. I known her since forever and she inspires everyone that is close to her, including myself. Her company it is going to keep growing and i wish her nothing but the best in her journey.

PS: Gaciel took those two picures of my friends and I a couple of years ago, I hope you guys like it.



No comments:

Post a Comment