Sunday, January 31, 2016

Customer Interview No. 1

WEEK 4

1. Opportunity:

My potential opportunity is about the maintenance service at my Cousin's community complex. I have heard her a million times complaining about that service and since last week I went to visit her I found the opportunity right there to interview her neighbors about this situation. I found it interesting since it's a common issue that had  happened to me at the apartment complex that I used to live. I would like to create a more efficient system where residents can request their petitions without any long waits and faster service. In addition, residents would be able to make their request and get a 24 hour service to solution any issue presented. That way, residents would have faster service and happy lives.

2. Who might have the unmet need:
I think residents from that community are the ones who might have that need since they could get a faster service without the discomfort of having something that is not working well at their home.

3. List of questions:

1. When you make a maintenance request, what do you think about the wait time? is it too long?
2. How long does it takes your service to be fixed, Is it hours or days?
3. Have you ever experience a situation which you were dissatisfied with the maintenance request system? if yes, explain the situation. if no, are always satisfied by this service?
4. In general, what do you think about maintenance service?

4. What I learned about the opportunity: 
In general terms, I learned that residents have experienced different kind of services from the same provider and it definitely could be improve in order to have the same impact on everyone and people would complaint less about that service.

5. What I learned about that interviewing customers:
I did enjoy the interviewing part, having the opportunity of interviewing my cousin's neighbors was something that I have never done before and it was fun. It did turns out that some of them were actually happy with the service that my cousin though it was awful for everyone, so it helped me understand that everyone's opinions are different and may vary.




2 comments:

  1. As someone who is currently living in an apartment with slow responses to maintenance I think something like this would be great. I think your questions were all very well thought out and flowed well together. It's awesome that you had fun interviewing the people. I though it was nerve wracking. Here's the link to mine http://entint1.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Natalia, you did a great job on the interviews. Maintenance is a very important thing for people that live in apartments or townhouses. Although there is different opinions on this issue I think you can start like a petition to the associations. Maybe on your next interview you can get the people to sign a paper. That's my personal opinion, anyways good luck on your next interviews.

    Oh and don't forget to check my interviews.
    http://erickbvu.blogspot.com/2016/01/interviewing-customer-no-1.html

    ReplyDelete