In case you have forgotten about my product or business idea here is the link of my latest pitch. http://nataliagarcia2022.blogspot.com/2016/02/elevator-pitch-no-2.html watch it and be familiar with the product. Now that you remember exactly what I am offering I will tell you what's next. I interviewed three customers from my parent's town, one of them happen to be the owner of a small business make "Run Cakes" this small business, that is not that small anymore have more than fifty different flavors of run cakes and Mrs. Kern (the owner and administrator) gave me some good insight on how she started her business. Having the opportunity of meeting Mrs. Kern was such a great experience, not only for the great advice she gave me. Also, just for the experience to see on first hand how such a local product and home made product started.
Existing Market:
My current market is College-age people in college towns. From the people I interviewed it seems that I am on right track and I have to continue to come up with strategies or ways to attract more people not only college people. For example, at my parent's town the product could be a little bit more expensive and more detailed prepared. Here are some tips that my interviewed gave me, unfortunately they did not let me to record them so I am going to write the interview.
- What do you think of the product?
- 1: I think is very innovative and helpful, especially for weekends when you get lazy to cook.
- 2: I love it! specially that you have a vegan option.
- 3: It is amazing, having the chance to get home made food when you don't want to cook
Everyone loved the idea and they liked it even more when I told them about the vegan version of the product. However, some of them recommended me to use vegan cheeses as well.
New Market:
For the new market I decided to ask seniors and people from my parent's town where is such a different market and surprisingly they loved the idea. However, my biggest concern was if senior's would like the idea since it is such a different market with a different life style. However, the response was positive and it seems that they would welcome the product with open hands.
Overall they have positive reactions with the product and it seems that they would buying it. Therefore, comparing both markets, the existing market and the new one gave me the same recommendations and the positive response was the same in both of them. In addition, the product have a good future in both markets even though they are way different from each other.
Hi Natalia! I really like your idea. I would love something like this!! I like cooking but sometimes I just don’t have the time or I don’t feel like it. This definitely appeals most to college students, in my opinion, who are just getting the hang of preparing their own meals. However, I like your next target market because think about all of the moms who work and then get their kids from school. They might not have time to prepare a home cooked meal every night. If you want to check out my post here’s the link: http://charlysbizblog.blogspot.com/2016/04/whats-next.html
ReplyDeleteI think you have an interesting product. I know that I tend to get busy, especially in the middle of the day, and am often tempted to just get a quick bite and get back to work. Usually these places aren't the healthiest, so having an easy way to get health good food would have a place for a lot of people. If you are interested, I'll link my blog below.
ReplyDeletehttp://ent3003entreprenerdship.blogspot.com/2016/04/whats-next.html
Hi Natalia! This seems like a great idea, especially for a college town. Students can have tons of free time one week and then three exams and four projects the next. I personally would use it! I also liked you next target market- I think that's exactly the direction you should go in. You can check out my blog here: http://nicmcq.blogspot.com/
ReplyDelete