Tuesday, April 19, 2016

VENTURE CONCEPT No.2

WEEK 15



Fresh Home-Made Meals "Molde":


Opportunity:


Here on the University of Florida's campus and its surrounding areas, I have found an unmet need. In today's society or people's life styles, we do not have time to cook a good home made meal. People is always busy with work, school, job, and the list goes on and on. We barely pay attention at what we eat, specially in those busy days when you just have to get the fastest food you can get. What we do not understand as students or just busy people, is that our bodies need food as much as a car needs gasoline. Most importantly, we need good food and  when I say "good" I meant, healthy nutritious meals. We might not pay too much attention at what we give to our bodies but let's just face it, some day our bodies are going to surfer our previous choices. Therefore, I thought in a business idea where I can full in those needs and help people in their daily routines by preparing fresh home made meals that I would call 'Molde". why Molde? because is easy to pronounce and remember and molde means basically caserole in Spanish. First, I would be making a mash potatoes caserole with well seasoned and well prepared ground beef and lots of cheese. This market is an unique group of people who would be more than happy to have a delicious home made meal just by ordering it. According to the interviews I have done, not only students will be interested in this product also, staff from the University of Florida. This business idea does not need to much advertising since it would work by 'worth of mouth" I would first tell my friends, they will tell their friends, and on and on until  I meet enough profit to add advertising to my business. I will start with baby steps until the product become popular in the University of Florida's campus and I have to make the decision of expanding the business in order to met everybody's needs. 


Innovation:

I have two newest venture concepts concerning this business idea. One is to add an extra caserole for those vegans who would like to consume the product. instead of meat, I would have a caserole made of mash potatoes, well seasoned and well prepared ground veggie tofu, and almond cheese. on the other hand, this product would have its own app where costumers will have easy access to the products and will be able to order them just by going to the app. This app will also offers rewards and points, if you are a good member, you will received point by avery purchase you make until you can get free meals and rewards. The app would have plenty of scenarios where customers can either order their meals or go to the app and order meals in anticipation. In other words, customers will have the option to order their meals days before day want it. Also, loyal customers will received the best benefits they can get. 

The Three Minor Elements:
  1. I have one big advantage, convenience. College students are always looking for food is what keep us going so, I would be offering the most important need for our bodies in a innovative and ease way to get it and last but not least. This product would be cheap compare to other business who only offer fast food.  
  2. What's Next? Molde will be using its app to satisfy customers and reward the loyal one in order to keep them motivate and engage with the product. 
  3. What's Next for you? well, hopefully with my business idea being on track, I will be offering customers to make their own "Molde" with the ingredients they chose and one day I would have my own line of frozen food at supermarkets. 

Feedback:

I am glad to share that I have received a really good feedback on every single assignment we have done in this course. For this one specially, I have received such great feedback. Actually, the  idea to a have a vegan line came  out after interviews with costumers. Other than that, I have not received any criticism with this business idea, everyone seems very excited with the idea and love the idea as much as I do. Based on the research done and the previews interviews, I do not have to change anything about my business idea, perhaps just try to add new products and make the idea a reality.





3 comments:

  1. Hey Natalia, you're venture concept seems really cool. What I'm getting from it is that people can order home made food from your app. However will it be delivered or would students have to pick it up from a location? I think if you started with pick-up only and then changed to offer delivery that would be the best for your business. I love your what's next idea of having your own line of frozen food at supermarkets! Here is link to my post: http://entbyjts.blogspot.com/2016/04/venture-concept-no-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Natalia,
    I think you have a good concept here. Full disclosure I just got off of work and I am starving so there may be a bias there. I would ask the same question as the commenter above me however and ask how the food gets to the customer? Most people who eat fast food do so for the convenience, not the taste or quality. For you to be able to compete I would think you would need a delivery option or at least a store front for take out.

    You can check out my second venture concept here: http://llogsdonent3003.blogspot.com/2016/04/venture-concept-no-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Natalia, this idea sounds like something that would be a huge hit here at UF. I know personally that there has been many times where I wished I could order a healthy and well-prepared meal instead of the usual Jimmy Johns sub. I also really liked your ideas of offering alternatives for different groups such as vegans and especially enjoyed the fact that you could see yourself having a frozen food line at grocery stores. These things only show me that you know what direction your company is headed in, and you know how you would like to get there. Excellent job and check out my blog here:http://brycesharrold2.blogspot.com/2016/04/venture-concept-no-2.html

    ReplyDelete