This time the interview took place through the phone. Mr. Bread started thanks to word of mouth, Mrs. Pelli, the owner, came from an Italian family which cooking skills are delectable. Linda Pelli started to make French breads, pastries, desserts, and any Italian breads. One day she decided that it was time to make some goodies as people's request, her friends were fascinated, as well as her friend's friends etc. As people tell other people the demand was very high that she had to hire help and months later she opened her own bakery-caffe. Today, Mr. Bread has a variety menu where customers can order from cakes, desserts, breads, to any kind of pastry and panini. Since my Mother is very close to her due to her obsession with Mr. bread products, I called Mrs. Pelli and talked to her. here are the questions I asked her.
- What do you think is next for you?
Currently we are looking forward to open a second bakery at Palm Beach Gardens, My daughter will be the one who takes care of that one. I will be here in charge of this one but in a couple of years I hope my daughter take care of the entire business.
- What do you think has been the key for your business's success?
Honestly, this started as a hobby of mine, I'd never thought I would have my own bakery but people wanted more so I think our products make the difference since you would not find our products in any other places near us. So, I think we owe the success of this business to the quality of our products.
- what recommendations would you give me if I want to follow your steps?
Put your product out there, try, see people's reactions and then start only by product request after that you will have experience, you will know your market and you would have more tools to open your own place.
I was so glad I did this interview, Mrs. Pelli is a remarkable woman, very determinate and smart. even though, she did not have plans to have her own restaurant. opportunities were there for her and she did what any good entrepreneur would do. She took those opportunities and by hard work she has now a very successful place.
You did a very good job with this interview. I ,too, didn't do this interview in person with the entrepreneur but I did get a lot of good feedback on what it is like to go out and be your own boss and do what you enjoy to do. The questions that you asked, I believe, are really thought out and very open, and I enjoyed reading the responses you got from Mrs. Pelli. I wish you the best of luck during finals and whatever you do next. Here is my post: http://stefanent3003.blogspot.com/2016/04/very-short-interview-part-2.html
ReplyDeleteThis is really, really awesome Natalia. I love how you though so outside the box and did a very niche restaurant. To be frank, I feel like restaurants are one of the HARDEST businesses ever to break even on. But this is really cool and I'm really glad to hear that Mrs. Pelli and her daughter are going to run a couple locations. I wish them and you the best of luck!
ReplyDeletePlease see my blog post here: http://sadokh.blogspot.com/2016/04/very-short-interview-part-2.html
Thanks,
sadok