Sunday, March 20, 2016

GROWING YOUR SOCIAL CAPITAL



This week I had to contact three experts in the field where my product is located. I did some research and I found out there is so many people out there to help you, you just have to do some research and contact them. Bellow is all the information they gave me and how they helped me out with this assignment.

1. Domain Expert: 
Mr. Diego Sardi is my best friend's father. He is a great example for this exercise since he is Ventolini's CEO. Ventolini is a family restaurant that started as an Ice cream company. It is from Cali, Colombia and it has a location in Bogota, Colombia as well. This company started as an ice cream place that it was growing to the point that today is an excellent restaurant which, is all over the city of Cali and it has the same structure as "Chessecakefactory". I called Diego to ask my questions and he was very helpful because ehe is a great business man who saw a business opportunity in a small ice cream place that today is a big successful  chain of restaurants. He also  liked my idea and told me some ideas to start my business.


2. Expert on the Market: 

Mrs. Isabella Vernaza, She is the menu food creative at Ventolini and Diego Sardi wife, they both have made a Ventolini a successful family business.  She is in charge of Ventolini's menu and products. Also, I talked to her over the phone and asked her everything about menus and food products at the restaurant. She was very helpful since she has more than 20 years of experience with making good food products. However, she told me that the pros and cons of this type of business and how she keeps the business successful.


3. Important Supplier: 


Mr. James Termay, he is the sales director at Doña Ramona (Ventolini's bakery) and Ventolini. He is been at that position for the last 25 years. He has enough experience to be interviewed. I'd email him and asked him about sales and how to maintain all their products in such a good standard and how they maintain the restaurant products with the excellent quality that they have. His theories and tips were very helpful and for the most part I was excited to see such a good business being that successful.

In this experience I was lucky to remember my favorite restaurant form back home and lucky enough to well known the owners and have to opportunity to get in contact with them first handed. I have been to every single location they have which is more than 15 restaurants and small locals around the city and also I have been to the fabric where they made all the ice creams, cakes, desserts, and main core food items from the regular menu. This is a family business that I have always admire and loved since I have memory and it is my role model to follow up.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, great job! I truly love how much detail you went into while at the same time you didn't overwhelm me or put too much on the page. You did a great job with this post, and provided three solid sources. Feel free to check out my post at http://ufclassblog.blogspot.com/2016/03/growing-my-social-capita.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Natalia,

    I really like that you put some personality in your blog, it looks really nice. I think you did a great job on this assignment and the people you contacted seem really nice to give you tips on how to start your own business. It’s great that you contact the owners of your favorite restaurant it really shows how passionate you are about this idea!

    Thanks for sharing if you have the time check out my blog
    http://entoni3003.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Natalia,
    You did a really great job with this assignment. It seems like you really thought out each of these people. I think that networking can be hard, but you seemed successful. The people you contacted seem to really help. I really enjoyed reading your blog post. You can check out my website at: http://entgabiefleischer.blogspot.com/2016/03/growing-my-social-capital.html

    ReplyDelete